Golf Scorecard History 101, New Hampshire
Some facts about New Hampshire:
- Of the thirteen original colonies, New Hampshire was the first to declare its independence from Mother England -- a full six months before the Declaration of Independence was signed.
- The highest wind speed recorded at ground level is at Mt. Washington, on April 12, 1934. The winds were three times as fast as those in most hurricanes.
- New Hampshire is the only state that ever played host at the formal conclusion of a foreign war. In 1905, Portsmouth was the scene of the treaty ending the Russo-Japanese War.
- The first potato planted in the United States was at Londonderry Common Field in 1719.
- Alan Bartlett Shepard Jr., the first American to travel in space is from East Derry, New Hampshire.
- In 1833 the first free public library in the United States was established in Peterborough.
- In the town of Warner the last passenger train stopped on November 4, 1955, and the last freight in 1961. Since then the tracks through town were torn up and sold as scrap iron.
- New Hampshire adopted the first legal lottery in the twentieth century United States in 1963.
- Cornish Hill Pottery Company handcrafts functional stoneware decorated in the traditions of Early American and European potters with a method known as "slip trailing". The slip is a creamy mixture of clay and water and is applied to moist, almost hardened pots by hand. The slip contains various colorants, including natural clay colors and metals.
- According to golflink.com there are 123 golf courses in New Hampshire.
More Blog Issues for New Hampshire and Internet Links:
To view more of my New Hampshire blog issues scroll to the upper left corner of this page and enter the words New Hampshire in the search field. This will bring up virtually all of the blog issues for the state of New Hampshire that I've done to date.
Click on this Internet link to view over 12,000 more miscellaneous golf scorecards
Also feel free to visit my other websites at
My Internet Pick of the Day:
1017 Blog Postings
The total number of golf scorecard images on this site now equals 18,382
The total number of golf photographs on this site now equals 5,160
The total number of all photographs on this site now equals 15,169
Antigua - Nelson Dockyard
TPC Scorecards - Set #3
Ellington Ridge CC, CT.
New Brunswick, Canada Scorecards
My golf scorecard collection statistics as of today:
Total New Hampshire = 872
Total USA = 94,383
Total Foreign = 45,164
Total Collection = 139,547
Come back soon and often.
Feel free to leave your comments below.
Scorecard Trading: If you are a casual visitor and a golf scorecard collector and would like to do some scorecard trading contact me at email@example.com.
Available: For sale and/or trade - Over 69,000 duplicate golf scorecards. Contact me if you are interested.