Golf Scorecard History 101, Oklahoma
Jimmie Austin GC to Kingfisher Municipal GC
Some interesting facts about Oklahoma:
- On July 25, 2000, Governor Keating announced plans to construct a dome on the Oklahoma State Capitol Building. Construction is slated to begin April 2001 with an estimated completion date of November 2002.
- The world's first installed parking meter was in Oklahoma City, on July 16, 1935. Carl C. Magee, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is generally credited with originating the parking meter. He filed for a patent for a "coin controlled parking meter" on May 13, 1935.
- Vinita is the oldest incorporated town on Oklahoma Route 66 being established in 1871. Vinita was the first town in Oklahoma to enjoy electricity. Originally named Downingville. The towns name was later changed to Vinita, in honor of Vinnie Ream, the sculptress who created the life-size statue of Lincoln at the United States Capitol.
- During a tornado in Ponca City, a man and his wife were carried aloft in their house by a tornado. The walls and roof were blown away. But the floor remained intact and eventually glided downward, setting the couple safely back on the ground.
- The Amateur Softball Association of America - a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization based in Oklahoma City, OK - was founded in 1933 and has evolved into the strongest softball organization in the country.
- A statue entitled "Hopes and Dreams," in downtown Perry was created by local sculptor Bill Bennett and placed there on a massive granite pedestal as a Cherokee Strip Centennial memorial. The statue portrays an early-day couple coming to the newly opened western frontier.
- Turner Falls Park in Davis is the oldest park in Oklahoma. Many springs from the world famous Arbuckle Mountains form Honey Creek that cascades down a seventy-seven foot fall to a natural swimming pool making the majestic Turner Falls the largest waterfall in Oklahoma.
- There is an operating oil well on state capitol grounds called Capitol Site No. 1.
- Anadarko is home to the only authentic Indian City in the United States. It is located in the beautiful Washita river valley in southwest Oklahoma.
- There are approximately 250 golf courses in Oklahoma. Twenty-four golf scorecards from seven of these courses are displayed below.
More Blog Issues for Oklahoma and Internet Links:
To view more of my Oklahoma blog issues scroll to the upper left corner of this page and enter the word Oklahoma in the search field. This will bring up virtually all of the blog issues for the state of Ohio that I've done to date.
Click on this Internet link to view over 12,600 more miscellaneous golf scorecards
Also feel free to visit my other websites at
My Internet Pick of the Day:
1048 Blog Postings
The total number of golf scorecard images on this site now equals 18,903
The total number of golf photographs on this site now equals 5,402
The total number of all photographs on this site now equals 15,517
Golf Scorecard Variations
Scorecard #4,000 for New York
Additions to Previously Blogged Scorecard Sequences
My golf scorecard collection statistics as of today:
Total Oklahoma = 861
Total USA = 94,933
Total Foreign = 45,363
Total Collection = 140,296
Come back soon and often.
Feel free to leave your comments below.
Scorecard Trading: If you are a casual visitor and a golf scorecard collector and would like to do some scorecard trading contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available: For sale and/or trade - Over 68,000 duplicate golf scorecards. Contact me if you are interested.