Golf Scorecard History 101, South Carolina
A few interesting facts about South Carolina:
- Campbell's Covered Bridge built in 1909, is the only remaining covered bridge in South Carolina. Off Hwy 14 near Gowensville.
- The salamander was given the honor of official state amphibian.
- The walls of the American fort on Sullivan Island, in Charleston Harbor, were made of spongy Palmetto logs. This was helpful in protecting the fort because the British cannonballs bounced off the logs.
- The City of Myrtle Beach is in the center of the Grand Strand, a 60-mile crescent of beach on the South Carolina coast. In the last 25 years, Myrtle Beach has developed into the premier resort destination on the East Coast.
- South Carolina entered the Union on May 23, 1788 and became the 8th state.
- David Robert Coker (1870-1938) conducted his early crop-improvement experiments on the family plantation in Hartsville. Beginning with 30 experimental cotton selections and methodically applying the latest techniques in the scientific breeding of crops, the work of Coker Experimental Farms played a great role in the agricultural revolution in the South.
- The state dance of South Carolina is the Shag!
- The first battle of the Civil War took place at Fort Sumter.
- South Carolina is the nation's leading peach producer and shipper east of the Mississippi River.
- There are nearly 500 golf courses in South Carolina. Twenty-seven scorecards from nine South Carolina courses are illustrated below.
More Blog Issues for South Carolina and Internet Links:
To view more of my South Carolina blog issues scroll to the upper left corner of this page and enter the words South Carolina in the search field. This will bring up virtually all of the blog issues for the state of South Carolina that I've done to date.
Click on this Internet link to view over 12,800 more miscellaneous golf scorecards
Also feel free to visit my other websites at
1064 Blog Postings
The total number of golf scorecard images on this site now equals 19,183
The total number of golf photographs on this site now equals 5,481
The total number of all photographs on this site now equals 15,628
Archerfield LInks, Scotland
South Dakota Scorecards
The Opryland Hotel
My golf scorecard collection statistics as of today:
Total South Carolina
Total USA = 95,072
Total Foreign = 45,548
Total Collection = 140,620
Come back soon and often.
Feel free to leave your comments below.
Scorecard Trading: If you are a casual visitor and a golf scorecard collector and would like to do some scorecard trading contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available: For sale and/or trade - Over 68,000 duplicate golf scorecards. Contact me if you are interested.