Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Liberace Museum

 The Liberace Museum
Las Vegas, Nevada

On one of my visits to Las Vegas I went to the Liberace Museum.  I was not a big fan of his so I was not expecting much.  A couple of hours late I left - very much impressed.

Wladziu Valentino Liberace known simply as Liberace, was an outstanding pianist, singer, and actor. He enjoyed a career spanning four decades of concerts, recordings, television, motion pictures, and endorsements. At the height of his fame he was the highest-paid entertainer in the world.  He embraced a lifestyle of flamboyant excess both on and off stage, acquiring the sobriquet "Mr. Showmanship".  During the tour guests were invited to try on one of his elaborate costumes.  They were surprisingly heavy weighing somewhere between 40 to 50 pounds each.

Six months after I visited the museum and took these photographs the museum closed.  Liberace's  collections were dispersed to other institutions.








































































































More Blog Issues for Nevada and Internet Links:
To view more of my Nevada blog issues scroll to the upper left corner of this page and enter the word Nevada in the search field.  This will bring up virtually all of the blog issues for the state of Nevada that I've done to date.

Click on this Internet link to view over 10,500 more miscellaneous golf scorecards
Also feel free to visit my other websites at  https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbglasson/


Blog Statistics:
933 Blog Postings
The total number of golf scorecard images on this site now equals 16,906
The total number of golf photographs on this site now equals 4,391
The total number of all photographs on this site now equals 13,805

Coming Soon:
Papua New Guinea Scorecards
Connecticut Scorecards
Portland GC, Oregon
Portugal Scorecards

My golf scorecard collection statistics as of today:
Total Nevada = 991
Total USA = 93,657
Total Foreign = 44,235
Total Collection = 137,892

Come back soon and often.

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Scorecard Trading:
  If you are a casual visitor and a golf scorecard collector and would like to do some scorecard trading contact me at rbglasson@cox.net.

Available: For sale and/or trade - Over 68,000 duplicate golf scorecards.  Contact me if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment