Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Golf Scorecard History 101, California, Set #9. Diablo Creek GC to Dominiquez Golf & Practice Center

California Golf Scorecards
Set #9
Diablo Creek GC to Dominiquez Golf & Practice Center
 
My 1992 California Story: I only got to play golf there once and that was the Olympic Club.  At the time I was a member of Indian Hill CC in Connecticut and Jim Bedus was the head pro.  Because I had to go to San Francisco on a business trip I asked him if he would be able to get me a tee time at Olympic.  His reply was "Sure, I know the Head pro there"  He got me a 1:00p.m. tee time paired up with three members.  I got out of my business meeting before noon - got my clubs and jumped in a taxi to get me to the club.  It was about a half hour ride and when i got there it was windy and very cold.  I thought "no problem - I'll buy a sweater.  I pulled out my wallet to pay the greens fee and but a sweater.  The Head Pro said "Sorry, we don't take cash, just credit cards"  The bill for the greens fee, the sweater, and a logo  metal divot tool I bought for my home course pro came to over $500.00.  I had a great time except for hitting virtually ever tree that had branches sticking out over the fairways.  A few days later I called my wife to see how she was doing.  All I got was loud YA's, WHAT? SO? ETC?, ETC?  Finally I asked whar's the problem?  Her reply was "That did you do? But the damn golf course!!!  My reply was "yes but it was worth it."























































AFHAH




 
More Issues for California Scorecards and Internet Links:
To view more of my California blog issues scroll to the upper left corner of this page and enter either the word California in the search field. This will bring up virtually all of the blog issues for the state of California  I've done to date.

Click on this Internet link to view over 23,500 more miscellaneous golf scorecards:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/571016@N23/
 
Also feel free to visit my other websites at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbglasson/
www.youtube.com/user/rbglasson?feature=mhee
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbglasson/albums/72157679976598886
https://www.facebook.com/rb.glasson?rc=p
 
 
1471 Blog Postings
The total number of golf scorecard images on this site now equals 26,757
The total number of golf photographs on this site now equals 9,942
The total number of all photographs on this site now equals 22,934
The total number of golf business cards on this site now exceeds 804 

Coming Soon:
Northern Ireland Golf Scorecards
Colorado Golf Scorecards
Portugal Golf Scorecards
Additions to Previously Blogged Scorecard Sequences Set #82

My golf scorecard collection today
Total USA = 103,951
Total California = 9,176
Total Foreign = 49.224
Total Collection = 153,175

Scorecard Trading:
If you are a casual visitor and a golf scorecard collector and would like to do some scorecard trading contact me at rbglasson@cox.net

Available for Sale: 

Over 70,000 golf scorecards or sale.  I am now selling them in packets of fifty different scorecards per packet.  The price of each packet is $25.00 U.S. They will be mailed via priority mail.  Payment by a U.S. postal money order is preferred.  Remit to Russ Glasson, 170 Carriage Hill Dr., Wethersfield, CT o6109

Feel Free to leave your comments below
 

No comments:

Post a Comment