Sunday, March 8, 2020

Golf Scorecard History 101, Virginia - Set #8

Golf Scorecard History 101, Virginia
Set #8
Cedar Creek CC to The Club at Viniterra

Although none of the scorecards shown below are from courses in Virginia none of them have I played.  On the plus side I have played a few other courses in this state including Red Wing Lake GC, Kingsmill (River Course), Stumpy Lake GC, Hells Point GC and the TPC Virginia Beach (which I believe is now named Virginia Beach National GC).











































More Blog Issues for Virginia and Internet Links:

To view more of my Virginia blog issues scroll to the upper left corner of this page and enter the word Virginia in the search field.  This will bring up virtually all of the blog issues for the state of the Virginia that I've done to date.  Click on this Internet link to view over 16,300 more miscellaneous golf scorecards:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/571016@N23/

Also feel free to visit my other websites at    
In addition to the above the following are a few additional golf related websites I have recently visited:
132. https://www.oconeecountryclub.com/
133. https://www.oakhillsgolf.com/
134. https://wellshurst.com/
135. https://www.whitleygolfclub.com/
136. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Tabby-Links/158353184207603
137. https://oldfield1732.com/golf/

Unbelievable:
The following is an e-mail I received from a golf course in Anguilla:

Good Day Mr. Glasson,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would be happy to send you  scorecards from Cuisinart Golf  Course. In order for us to make this happen for you the shipping cost is $75 to get it directly to you from here in Anguilla.

Please provide us with your shipping and credit card  information, we will therefore  make this transaction.

Kindly find the attached CC authorization form.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Regards,

---
Curlita Richardson
Supervisor of Golf Operations
Resorts & Residences by Cuisinart
P.O. Box 2000
Rendezvous Bay
Anguilla AI-2640
Tel: 498-5602
Email: cdrichardson@cuisinart.ai
www.cuisinartresort.com

My Reply:
$75.00???  You must think I’m f#&*(^g stupid.  I work at a golf club.  We pay $0.04 per card from the scorecard priting company.  For me to send a letter with one card enclosed to you club cost’s $1.20.  Your return post should cost about the same.

P.S. If I ever do get one of your scorecards I'll now be likely to paste it over my toilet paper holder which will remind me to think of you




Blog Statistics:
1282 Blog Postings
The total number of golf scorecard images on this site now equals 21,743
The total number of golf photographs on this site now equals 8,523
The total number of all photographs on this site now equals 20,888
The total number of golf business cards on this site now equals 540

Coming Soon:

Greystone G&CC
Additions to Previously Blogged Scorecards
Tasmania, Australia Scorecards
Washington Scorecards

My golf scorecard collection statistics as of today:
Total Virginia = 1,858
Total USA = 99,879
Total Foreign = 46,931
Total Collection = 146,810

Scorecard Trading:  If you are a casual visitor and a golf scorecard collector and would like to do some scorecard trading contact me at rbglasson@cox.net.

Available for Sale: Over 69,000 golf scorecards or sale.  I am now selling them in packets of fifty different scorecards per packet.  The price of each packet is $25.00 U.S.  Each packet will include a mix of US and foreign unused cards.  They will be mailed via priority mail.  Payment by a U.S. postal money order is preferred.  Remit to Russ Glasson, 170 Carriage Hill Dr., Wethersfield, CT 06109.

Come back soon and often.

Feel free to leave your comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment